6.9.6 error opening application

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

6.9.6 error opening application

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

I got this error popup when I tried to open sheetcam a minute ago. It does not happen the first time sheetcam is opened after a pc restart, but it happens every time thereafter.
Sheetcam 6.9.6 opening error.png
Sheetcam 6.9.6 opening error.png (168.75 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: 6.9.6 error opening application

Post by Les Newell »

That looks like an issue with your settings file. Go to Help->open seettings folder and open SheetCam TNG Development.ini. Do a search for noSafeZ. It should be 0 or 1.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Well that is very odd... I have three profiles with individual shortcuts set up for the 3 different machines. two of the three were changed to 112 and 117 and the other was 0.

Now I am noticing a new issue. This message window pops up when sheetcam is closed. No other impacts seem to exist, the program reopens correctly and appears to work correctly. is there a log file somewhere that would help with this?
SheetcamCloseError.PNG
SheetcamCloseError.PNG (151.52 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Well that is very odd... I have three profiles with individual shortcuts set up for the 3 different machines. two of the three were changed to 112 and 117 and the other was 0.
That's odd and a little concerning. I'll look into it a bit further.
Now I am noticing a new issue. This message window pops up when sheetcam is closed. No other impacts seem to exist, the program reopens correctly and appears to work correctly. is there a log file somewhere that would help with this?
I have been having some odd random crashing issues that have been really hard to track down. I'm working on it.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I fixed the value for noSafeZ a little bit ago and it has now changed it back to 176 and popped up the error again.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I have absolutely no explanation for that. I can suppress the error but it still doesn't explain why that value is getting set to strange numbers.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

i love the way you phrase responses sometimes Les, gives me a good laugh. :lol:

It doesnt appear to be causing any issues or other unexplained behavior, so i'm not terribly concerned about it at this point. It just took me a while to figure out how to open the application anyways because the error hides behind the splash logo.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you get a warning that it is using the backup settings file?
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Nope, nothing else comes up. i have closed and reopened it several times this morning, it doesnt happen every single time. The last two times i opened it, it worked fine and the noSafeZ value is 1.