Bug: SheetCam won't open any new files (reason is known)

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
DenkBrettl

Bug: SheetCam won't open any new files (reason is known)

Post by DenkBrettl »

Hi,

so, I encountered the following behavior: I started SheetCam as usual, added a part and chose a .dxf file and... nothing appeared. The usual dialog asking for the drawing options came but after that, the drawing didn't appear. I'm using the Linux version and I started debugging. I found out that if I remove the .SheetCamTNG-dev directory and start over, the import would work again. I restored the directory from a backup from a week ago (yes, I do have regular backups and so should you!) and tried and that worked as well. I figured out that it's about the .ini file. I started bisecting the .ini file until I came to the conclusion that it's somehow about the "Recent" file stuff.
And then I saw it... in the file open dialog for the part import, there was no file type chosen. The selector was blank. As soon as I set it to DXF, the import would work again. I checked the .ini file and I think the reason is that somehow I ended up with the recent file itself being a DXF file but the Type being a SVG file:

Code: Select all

[RecentFiles/Drawing]
Path=/redacted/Reinforcement.dxf
Type=SVG files (*.svg)
Fixed=0
This confuses the application/file selection dialog and makes the import dysfunctional. I guess the fix would be to default to something sane if the input is invalid (also a good question how I ended up in that situation - I did nothing manual, so it must be some inconsistency in the application itself as well).

Also: could we have a newer build for Linux? :-) I saw in the release notes that you fixed the default icon issue on Linux in some later release but then the downloadable release is still older than that.

Thanks, Klaus
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Bug: SheetCam won't open any new files (reason is known)

Post by Les Newell »

Is SVG available in the file type selector?
DenkBrettl

Re: Bug: SheetCam won't open any new files (reason is known)

Post by DenkBrettl »

Yes, SVG is available as well.