Importing .SVG issue

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Cncburn

Importing .SVG issue

Post by Cncburn »

I have recently developed an issue with my importing. I have a file with a few open paths, and a couple closed paths. They imported just fine the first time and many other times. I had to change the direction of an arrow in the drawing (in Inkscape), I re-saved the file with the reversed arrow. I tried to import the file again, and even though the file name is the new version, the drawing is the original version. I have tried to save it with different file names, and with other design mods. It always reverts back to the original drawing. For troubleshooting, I updated my Inkscape, and also tried switching from Sheetcam TNC to The latest development version. Same results. I even ran CCleaner and tried to clear out the system temp folder. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Is there a way to purge the old version from Sheetcam?
Cncburn

Re: Importing .SVG issue

Post by Cncburn »

I think I figured out the issue. Sheetcam doesn't like the way the drawing objects were "grouped". Once I removed all of the grouping, the file opens properly. -Always learning something new.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Importing .SVG issue

Post by Les Newell »

Do you still have the problem SVG? If so could you send it to me. I have been working on improving SVG import and would like to test it.