SheetCam beta for the terminally brave

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Les Newell
Site Admin

SheetCam beta for the terminally brave

Post by Les Newell »

I am in the process of updating the compiler and libraries I use for SheetCam. I have been using tools that are over 10 years old and maintaining that old code has become a little problematic.

This means some significant changes to the internals of the SheetCam GUI and I have undoubtedly broken something in the process. As quite a few people are using the development version in a production environment I don't want to release this as a new dev version until the worst of the bugs have been ironed out. If you want to give it a try you can download it from https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.9.1.exe. I haven't done much to the tool path generation code so you hopefully shouldn't see any toolpath anomalies.

This test version will not affect your current SheetCam installation. It will install completely independently. This means you will need to install your license in this version and it won't copy across any of your settings. Licensing this version won't affect the license on dev or stable, as long as it is on the same computer.

As far as functionality is concerned this is pretty much the same as the current dev version with the following changes:
  • Improved SVG import
  • Customizable shortcut keys for just about everything. Look in Options->application options->shortcut keys
  • Dropped support for Windows 2000. XP is now the minimum Windows version. Note auto update won't work on XP. It should work on 7 and later.
Please report any bugs or issues in this thread so they don't get mixed up with the main releases.
robertspark

Re: SheetCam beta for the terminally brave

Post by robertspark »

thanks Les, I'll give it a go
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

I'm running SheetCAM in Wine on Mac and when I start the beta this message shows. If I press Ok the program exits.

A home>"SheetCAM TNG Beta">"Application Data" directory is created but it is only populated with an empty "post"-directory.
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2020-09-21 kl. 07.39.35.png
Skärmavbild 2020-09-21 kl. 07.39.35.png (241.35 KiB) Viewed 11980 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks for the problem report. Does that error show immediately or after you have clicked on the OK button? Does it ask you if you want to send a debug file?
Unfortunately I don't have a Mac here to test on. I tried SheetCam on Wine under Linux and it appeared to run correctly.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

The image is from after starting the program. Haven't klicked any button at all. It is possible to klick on ok button on the topmost dialog which makes it dissapear and after about one second the language dialog also disappears and the program quits.

I did copy
/users/bj/Application Data/SheetCam Development/SheetCam TNG Development.ini
to
/users/bj/Application Data/SheetCam Beta/SheetCam TNG Beta.ini
and then the splash screen shows instead. But it never comes further.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

This is the messages in the console. I tried to find information about the errors but couldn't find a fix that works for me. Did try change change Windows version and priority setting for MSVCP140.dll in winecfg with no luck.

Code: Select all

$ wine SheetCam\ TNG\ Beta.exe
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?__ExceptionPtrRethrow@@YAXPBX@Z' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?__ExceptionPtrCurrentException@@YAXPAX@Z' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?__ExceptionPtrCopy@@YAXPAXPBX@Z' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?__ExceptionPtrAssign@@YAXPAXPBX@Z' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?__ExceptionPtrToBool@@YA_NPBX@Z' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCP140.dll"
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.??0critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?lock@critical_section@Concurrency@@QAEXXZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?unlock@critical_section@Concurrency@@QAEXXZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?try_lock@critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE_NXZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'msvcr120.?IsCurrentTaskCollectionCanceling@Context@Concurrency@@SA_NXZ' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\concrt140.dll"
008a:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031E944 1 C) semi-stub
008a:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031F180 1 C) semi-stub
008a:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031EC0C 1 *) semi-stub
008a:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031EB2C 1 *) semi-stub
008a:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c050 00000001
008a:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter 111 00000001
wine: Call from 0x7bc58348 to unimplemented function MSVCP140.dll.?__ExceptionPtrToBool@@YA_NPBX@Z, aborting
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

First of all, try installing the VC redistributables https://www.sheetcam.com/Download/VC_redist.x86.exe
If that does not work, try using Winetricks to install vcrun2015.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

Neither of VC_redist.x86.exe nor winetricks vcrun2015 worked on my Wine installation.
But I did a clean install of Wine and the beta works now.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

I have used the beta for a while and can't find anything wrong except that the toolbar icon for post processor and all icons in menus are a little bit offset or too big.
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2020-10-10 kl. 17.16.41.png
Skärmavbild 2020-10-10 kl. 17.16.41.png (25.73 KiB) Viewed 11853 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks. I only tested with small icons. I'll check and see what is going on.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I've just uploaded a new version. If you already have the test version and an Internet connection on that computer it should auto update. Alternatively here is a linK https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.9.2.exe

This release fixes a number of crashes and introduces some big changes to simulation. For plasma the simulator now shows the sheet exactly as it will be cut. You can also highlight each individual part that will be cut out by pointing at it. This should be particularly useful for those doing artistic work. It allows you to quickly spot if areas will fall out of the final part.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I havent had much time lately to try out the beta version but the only thing i have noticed so far is the icons and toolbar issue that jolbas already pointed out.

I am having trouble updating to 6.9.2 though. It is not auto-updating and the link above does not appear to work. Did you pull the release by any chance?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I messed up the update. Auto update should work this time. Here is a link: https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.9.3.exe
This also fixes the toolbar and menu icon issues.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I just uploaded a new build that fixes issues with locking up when loading SVG files.
https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.9.4.exe
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Has anyone been playing with the keyboard shortcuts? I'm looking at adding some more default shortcuts so it would be useful to know what you are using.