hypertherm post arc dwell

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jwhotrod

hypertherm post arc dwell

Post by jwhotrod »

I have a Longmuir systems crossfire pro plasma table w/ hypertherm powermax 600 plasma cutter. My question is, i have a problem with the post arc flow defeating the restart of the torch between subsequent cuts. do i add to pierce delat in the tool definition or pause at end of cut in the tool definition to compensate for this dwell. Hypertherm also said if i could add a double click to the arc start signal that would defeat the post flow also.
Im getting gaps in cuts from where the torch didnt fire until the post flow was done.
djreiswig

Re: hypertherm post arc dwell

Post by djreiswig »

Pierce delay and pause at end of cut both happen while the torch is fired. I think the best method would be to use the arc ok signal to detect when the arc has begun to cut. If you use Mach3 and have a spare input, you should be able to add this ability to your m3 macro. I think the code is posted on here somewhere.
jwhotrod

Post by jwhotrod »

Im not using Mach3 but using Longmuirs Firecontrol to run the machine. i need to see where i can find that arc ok, is that a signal from the torch or from the software so i can figure out what to do with it.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

you could edit your post processor, the "on pen up" section

after the M5, add a delay

eg "G4 P1000" for 1 second if you machine measures delay in microseconds. it will then wait a second after the torch has turned off... alter as you see fit or need.

not heard of the double tap signal before..... that would be in the on pen down section you would add
M5
M3
below the current M3 code line

.... this may affect consumable life given it won't cool down the electrode or shield etc at the end of the cut..... I would add a delay at the end of each cut if it needed such a thing imo ymmv

( probably useful for exotic gas (argon / nitrogen??) use from a bottle + expense and volume are a consideration)