Noob already has two questions...

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jlm1948

Noob already has two questions...

Post by jlm1948 »

Hi, I'm new here, usually use either Cambam, Lazycam or Heeks, but actually evaluating Sheetcam.
I have two concerns:
One is that, although I have specified english as the default language, everything is in french. That is quite disturbing, since the french words sometimes don't make any sense, and finding a translation is tough.
The second issue is that I have imported a dxf file and I get a message saying "Aucun trou répertorié. Vérifiez les tailles mini et maxi du trou" (No holes listed. Check min and max hole size)
I'm using Heeks most of the times, which is very similar (in a simpler way), so I believe I could easily switch to Sheetcam.

I have attached said file.
Attachments
basscomp meca fp modushop round leds.dxf
(361.79 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Noob already has two questions...

Post by Les Newell »

The language is odd. Go to Options->Préférences->Langue and change it to English.

When drilling, it only drills circles that are between the min hole size and max hole size. For instance if your circles are 1/4" diameter, min must be less than 1/4" and max must be more than 1/4". If there are no circles between those two sizes you will get this error message.
jlm1948

Post by jlm1948 »

Thanks for your prompt answer. I didn't figure out changing language implied restating the app, but now it's good.
Setting teh proper min and max for the drills solve the issue.
So far so good.
Now, milling...
jlm1948

Post by jlm1948 »

I answered your post as soon as I read it, to thank you for the min/max hole thing, and confirm that language works now, only after a restart. For some reason it appears my answer is not visible...
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry about the delay. To help catch spammers all new members have their first few posts moderated. If a spammer tries posting on the forum I can then simply delete their account without anyone seeing their posts. I didn't get a chance to go through the moderation queue until just now.
jlm1948

Post by jlm1948 »

OK, thanks.