Part Perimeter - No Cut Path

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Mr. Fixit

Part Perimeter - No Cut Path

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Hi all,

I am having a problem with a very basic T shaped bracket with bolt holes. In Sheetcam, the bolt holes have the plasma cut path showing correctly, but the outside of the part remains red lines. I have checked for closure multiple times, exited both SC and ACAD, redrawn the part numerous times and get the same results. If I could post the image, it may be helpful. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Steve
WyoGreen

Re: Part Perimeter - No Cut Path

Post by WyoGreen »

Are they perhaps 2 different levels and you need to make an operation for each level?
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

[quote=WyoGreen post_id=27180 time=1588522175 user_id=1551]
Are they perhaps 2 different levels and you need to make an operation for each level?
[/quote

Not really sure what you are referring to, but I would like to understand. The drawing is all on one layer with two colors. One for the outline shape, and a different color for holes. Just for the heck of it, I changed all to one color and that resolved it, but it should have absolutely to do with anything. :shock: Thanks for the reply..
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The drawing is all on one layer with two colors.
It could be that you have SheetCam set to use colours as layers. When you import your drawing a window pops up with a number of options. In there is the optin to use colours instead of layers.