routing post prossesor?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
ggeh

routing post prossesor?

Post by ggeh »

I posted this also on plasmaspider. I have a 2014 starlab 4x4 table that I just installed a 2.2kw water cooled spindle. I made a 4x4 wood table to fit on top of my plasma table. I wanted to cut four slots in the table for t-track rail hold downs. In sheetcam I made 3 pass's at 35ipm to get a total depth of 5/8". The 1st and 2nd pass were 1/4" each and last pass is 1/8" The first pass went good at 35 ipm. The 2nd pass and all the rest took off at 600ipm.
I used rev28 post processor, the same one I use for plasma. I could not find one for a router.
Im using CommandCnc ver. 1.2.1
sheetcam ver 6.1.38
Any thoughts what I did wrong.
Thanks Gary
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: routing post prossesor?

Post by Les Newell »

I'd suggest using the 'LinuxCNC' post. CandCNC's post is set up for plasma and flame cutting. It is likely to do odd things if you use it for routing.
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

Thank you I'll try Linuxcnc post
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

CandCNC has a Command CNC router post, it should have come with your computer.

Steve
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

Using Linuxcnc pos possessor the G code is there in command cnc but nothing displayed in command cnc live view. error message: requested tool not in tool table. In sheetcam the tool is number 100 but commandcnc says requested tool not in tool table. This my first attempt at using my plasma table as a router so I need alot of guidance.
Thanks Gary
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

WyoGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 pm CandCNC has a Command CNC router post, it should have come with your computer.

Steve

Hi Steve
Im in sheetcam and all the post under command cnc are plasma.Is this what its called: Command CNC router post. Where else would this post be located?
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Try this one:
CandCNC_LCNCRouter_REV2.scpost
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The problem is that the post processor is requesting the tool offset for tool 100 but tool 100 is not defined in the linuxCNC tool table. The LinuxCNC tool tabel is independent of the SheetCam tool table. I just looked at the CandCNC post and it does not use tool offsets so you should not get this error.
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

WyoGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 pm Try this one:
WyoGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 pm CandCNC has a Command CNC router post, it should have come with your computer.

Steve
Steve thanks for the post, I have elderly parents I have to take care of at the moment but will try the post and let you all know what happens. Thanks Gary
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

WyoGreen wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 pm Try this one:
Steve
It worked like a charm, Thank you very much. The file I was having issues with now works. Don't know why I didn't have that router post possessor but thanks to you I have it now and it works. Thanks to all you for your help on this now I can sleep and not worry about this.
Thanks to all, Gary