Break up drawing resets all manually placed start points

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Break up drawing resets all manually placed start points

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Les,

It appears that after adjusting and placing leadins where i need them (aka not off the edge of the sheet) and after breaking up a manually nested drawing, the leadins are reset to their default positions off the edge of the plate. It is extremely cumbersome to readjust 50 parts on the edge of the sheet, selecting each part, selecting the correct operation, and then selecting the start point again.

Is there any way this can be prevented?

Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Break up drawing resets all manually placed start points

Post by Les Newell »

Hmm, I'll look into that. It should keep the leadin positions.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Yes I have been wondering about this as well recently, the nesting software I'm using outputs a dxf file for the nest, before breaking up the sheet I set operation for holes, then operation for outer cut, then break up drawing.
Like you say it takes time to go through all the outer cut leadins moving to best position, mixed parts needing a tangent for a arc leadin is awkward.
I have been wondering if this the best way of using a nested dxf? can't come up with anything myself yet.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Yeah, same here Sean. It would be wonderful to set an operation for one part and then nest it. I realize that would be a massive undertaking for Les to do though because SheetCAM would have to have its own nesting engine and that would drive the cost sky high. I see where he has a MyNesting plugin, i'm starting to look into how that works.