errors

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
kylecox207

errors

Post by kylecox207 »

We keep getting this error when trying to load a new item, says "the layer does not exist" , and it shows the drawing should be there, yet shows nothing visibly? and when i try to use the one diagram that was working, it now says, " this file version is no longer supported", and we just purchased the license, and i believe that is correct and working. Yet we cannot use the program hardly at all. We are using Inkscape, and Autocad, to try to make the adjustments we would like to our drawings, then import into Sheetcam and i just updated our Sheetcam using the internet, and now i cannot get the gcode to generate at all, I've tried multiple drawings and nothing. Can someone please help?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: errors

Post by Les Newell »

Your operation refers to a layer that does not exist. This can happen if you load a drawing with different layer naming. Open your cut operation. In the 'layer' dropdown select the drawing layer that you want to cut.
kylecox207

Post by kylecox207 »

we just bought the license, and ever since we installed the license, we are not able to bring up any drawings into sheetcam, it will not load any drawings we are able to make into inkscape etc. Any idea why this is??
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Just a thought, when you open your drawing do you have the file type set correctly? For instance if you are using SVG you must select 'SVF files (*.svg)'
kylecox207

Post by kylecox207 »

Yes i have tried both SVG and DXT files, they use to work before we installed the license, and now they don't. And the one file that does still work, it will not load the G code in it's entirety. And we have not been able to figure out why.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

In SheetCam go to Help->Create a support file. Click on the 'Create file' button then email the file to me along with a drawing that won't load. That may give me more information on what is going on.