Peck Pierce

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Clayt1963

Peck Pierce

Post by Clayt1963 »

I have a new StarLab plasma table runnning a CandCNC control on a Linux operating system. I'm trying to pierce holes so I can drill them out to the correct size. I feel I have the machine setup and programmed according to the instructions I have attached below. The machine will move to all the hole locations but will not drop down to the height and fire the torch. It will finish cutting the outside of the part however. Just wondering if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Clayton
Attachments
IMG_20200207_0001.jpg
IMG_20200207_0001.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1759 times
djreiswig

Re: Peck Pierce

Post by djreiswig »

Never done this, but I'm wondering if the holes in your drawing are between the min & max dimensions you have in the operation.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That looks like something specific to the CandCNC post processor. I am not sure why they recommend using a drill tool.
Try this: Don't bother defining a drill tool. Use the drilling operation but select your plasma tool. You'll still need to set the min and max hole sizes to suit.
mlebrecht

Post by mlebrecht »

I have the same Start lab table CandCNC and we have been having the same issue.Did you figure out a work around that has worked? We have tried to use the drilling operation with the plasma tool and it still does the same thing. In sheetcam it looks like it will work fine, but when it gets to CandCNC the machine moves into position to make the cut and then stops. It looks like it is not getting a Z axis code in CandCNC.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Take a look at this and see if it helps any.

https://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6298