path rules and tools "disappeared" mid session

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
nickjenkey

path rules and tools "disappeared" mid session

Post by nickjenkey »

I have been using path rules in SheetCAM on my CNC plasma table. The table was supplied with SheetCAM installed and licensed with the machine ( from Xtreme plasma). Up till recently I have used the default rule set as supplied with the machine ("R-Tech").

A few days ago I created a new rule set ( I called it lettering, renaming "R-Tech" as "General R-Tech") and tested my rules extensively, quite a lot of work. Today I ran up the machine and did a couple of jobs. I selected the rule sets as needed from the drop-down menu.

The next job I go to cut I suddenly presented only a rule set of R-Tech or none. There was no sign of my new rules, they had literally vanished! Also a tool I had created the other day had also vanished although all my other tools were there in the tools file I had created for our power source.

I am completely baffled as to what has happened, the computer was not switched off or restarted, it's not on the internet and I made no changes to any software.

Three questions emerge from this

1. What might have happened
2. How might I get my rules/settings back
3. More generally I can see the tools are saved in a .tools file but where are rule sets saved and how might I back them up?

Any advice appreciated as this has been a major setback in using the plasma

Thanks

Nick
WyoGreen

Re: path rules and tools "disappeared" mid session

Post by WyoGreen »

One possibility I can think of: Did you load an old job and then save the default tool-set? The reason I ask is it seems like the job saves a copy of the tool-set that created it, then loads that tool-set when the job is loaded (I think.)

Just a thought, Steve

(If that is the case, then loading a newer job should load the newer tool-set.)