Job Report Dialog Box

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Job Report Dialog Box

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

What would be the chance the job report dialog box could be made customizable? Like say i'd like to add a field for the Company and Department the job is for where that could be included in the report and then like a Comments box and a box i could type in the NC code file name to be shown on the report. Would that be possible? That is all i would like to add for now, but i may think of something else later.
David_Lelen01

Re: Job Report Dialog Box

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Any thoughts Les? Would it be difficult to add a couple fields to the dialog?
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You might be able to modify the template yourself. I'm not sure if you can pull variables from the job, but if you look in the template file you might be able to figure something out.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Making dialogs customizable is actually quite a lot of work. I could add a note box so you could add notes to the report.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I think "Customer", "NC File Name", and "Notes" are the only 3 boxes i can come up with i'd like to add. I understand it'd be some work to make it customizable. I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad for you to add a few in though.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Just wondering if you have had time to work on this Les. I don't see anything in the new release yet.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

And this one as well Les. Just resurfacing some older posts.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The next release will have a 'notes' box that appears in the report as @Notes@
You can use HTML in the notes if you want pretty formatting.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Les, i'm coming back to this one again. I am still going to push for a customizable job report dialog box. I would love to have more fields than just a notes box and now i would like to add a job costing analysis to the report. Is there any way you could make the pop-up dialog customizable??

And maybe a timer that shows how long sheetcam has been actively open on a particular job so programming time could be factored in?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What exactly do you want for the job costing analysis?
For timing take a look at Grindstone https://www.epiforge.com/grindstone/. It's what I use for jobs that are charged based on time.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

That looks to be an incredibly handy tool, i'll have to give it a try, thanks!

Ideally though, i would prefer to put into a field in sheetcam the machine cost per minute, operator cost per hour, and programmer cost per hour and on the job report just spit out the total cost for the job based on those rates and the machining and programming time. The operator cost is probably useless, especially for long running jobs because he can go do something else while its cutting.

And i would still like to be able to add the fields where i could type in the customer name and the program name into the job report box. That is why i am thinking it would make more sense if there is any way at all possible to make the job report dialog more user customizable. Leave the standard version simple as is to keep sheetcam simple for most users, but make it where more advanced users can do some coding and add custom stuff if desired. If that is at all possible. You mentioned once that the job report is essentially a very specialized post processor, so i could see that being either really simple or really complicated, not sure which it is.