Use Path Rules to Set Post Variable

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
stivemaster

Re: Use Path Rules to Set Post Variable

Post by stivemaster »

You may be right about the latter, but unfortunately you are the only one who can say if there is a solution to this problem.
And there is a solution - maybe I should add "change of direction within a certain distance - (???) mm" (can be set as a variable or as a value in a cell)
You understand that this way we can catch the places where there is no constant velocity, right?
Then on the big semicircle you mentioned - THC is stopped at the lead in, the rule "at start" will apply, then "at change of direction" and shortly after the lead in the THC will turn on.It will cut the whole semicircle and before Lead Out it will stop due to "change of direction" and will remain stopped due to the rule "before the end".
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

Les Newell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm I never really thought about it. I'll look into adding the notes in the next dev release.
Did you have a look at this? It would open a lot of possibilities if the notes in code snippets was sent to the post processor as a comment just as it does for tools and operations. Makes it easy to add variable G-code in the post on action points or corners depending on for example feed.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks for reminding me. It will be in the next beta or the next dev, whichever comes out first.