Sheetcam and Openbuilds Control

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
pdevloo

Sheetcam and Openbuilds Control

Post by pdevloo »

Hi, I have been using SheetCam with a CandCNC system, really like the capabilities of sheetcam, so much so, that I want to use it with my new machine using Openbuilds Black Box and Control software, cant seem to get a Post Processor that works without fail. I'm using Solid Edge 2D for cad, only have X and Y, no Z at all, I adjust it manually. Please send me a post processor that will match my criteria
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Sheetcam and Openbuilds Control

Post by Les Newell »

Running two axis will be hard work. You have to be careful to set the correct depth each time. If you make a mistake you will probably ruin the job you are cutting. I have attached a post that should work for this application.

To install this post, save the attachment to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears, navigate to your post and open it. Go back to Options->machine->post processor and make sure your post is selected.
Attachments
GRBL mill-router 2 axis.scpost
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

Forgot to mention, this is a plasma
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

Do you have a post processor available for plasma and Open Builds Black Box, if you do, found a lot of interest for it on the Openbuilds forum, router posts are there, nothing for plasma
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Here is a 2 axis plasma post.
Attachments
GRBL plasma no Z.scpost
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

M67 E0 Q10 (DTHC OFF) This is causing me a warning, if erased from the G-Code rest runs perfect, how to eliminate?
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

"You have the rule set 'EOCAnti-Dive' set to be always applied. Go to Tools->Cutting rules. Set 'Always apply tool set' to 'None'" found this in another post and it solved my problem
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

I want to give my torch some time to fire before the motors start moving the machine, I'm not familiar with changing my post processor, checked out the Openbuilds forum, they recommend something like G1F1\nM3S1000\nG4 P400 code added before each fire, please implement it in my post processor, thank you
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

It seems to be implemented in the post processor.
Is the Pierce delay in the tool settings set to anything else than 0 seconds?
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

I set it to 0 sec, then set it to 4 seconds, made no difference, its only moving while the torch is firing on tabs, the start up works fine
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

The post do not change the pierce time from seconds to milliseconds. Maybe that's the problem making 4 seconds being just 4 milliseconds delay. Here's a version which outputs milliseconds.
Attachments
GRBL plasma no Z.scpost
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

I forgot to make the same change to "endDelay" and "preheat". Use this one instead.
Attachments
Black Box plasma no Z.scpost
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That's odd. I checked the GRBL docs and they state G04 uses seconds. Oh well, give the post a try and see if it helps.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

Yes, You are probably right Les.
pdevloo, If my hack doesn't help, maybe you can attach the g-code output or the entire job file.
pdevloo

Post by pdevloo »

Ive figured out I had to set sheet cam to ms instead of seconds and it delayed the torch, problem is, it also delayed the table. Its now doing the same thing where is starts cutting and motors travelling at same time but now has delay before it does it. Is there a way I could get the torch to fire before the table starts to move?