Drawing Import Issue?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
JodiB

Drawing Import Issue?

Post by JodiB »

Screenshot (258).png
Screenshot (258).png (209.12 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Screenshot (259).png
Screenshot (259).png (333.79 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Screenshot (260).png
Screenshot (260).png (380.36 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Hello! Looking for some help. Had some computer issues a couple of weeks ago and since then, my cut quality has gone down. I use a Starlab, 45xp, CorelDraw x8 and sheetcam. I had to reinstall sheetcam and corel. Now when I'm cutting, the torch has these pauses or stutters all over the cut, leaving a divot. Its been 2 weeks of trial and error...uninstalled, reinstalled corel, uninstalled sheetcam dev version and downloaded stable version, played with my drawing import settings, tried both DXF and SVG file formats (I've always used SVG) and I'm still getting the same outcome. Before you ask, consumables are new, air is clean and dry and I am a node fanatic...I remove every possible node from every file that isn't necessary. Pics show what my drawing looks like in corel (very few nodes), what it looks like imported into sheetcam, my drawing import settings and then the divots left behind by the torch. My cut quality overall has diminished as well...some arcs look choppy. Are my drawing import settings off? Are there any other sheetcam settings that I'm missing? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Tia
JodiB

Re: Drawing Import Issue?

Post by JodiB »

Divots on cut
Attachments
Screenshot (261).png
Screenshot (261).png (841.43 KiB) Viewed 673 times
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Are you running CommandCNC or Mach3? Did you have to reinstall either one of these? It looks like it could possibly be a motor setting.
JodiB

Post by JodiB »

Thank you for your reply! I use CommandCNC...have been using the same version for the past year...just updated to new version tonight hoping it would help...no change. A motor setting within CommandCNC would make sense...I keep thinking its something in the gcode or an acceleration issue. Thoughts? Thanks!
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

This seems somewhat familiar, like I have read about it before, just don't know where or what. :?:

Anyway, while I think about your problem some more, are you running any cut rules? With CommandCNC, there is only 1 cut rule you should be using, and I seem to remember it being "EOCAnti-dive". Evidently there can be a conflict with using cut rules that can cause odd problems.

That's all I got for right now, Steve