white points in my sheetcam drawings.

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cruz

white points in my sheetcam drawings.

Post by cruz »

hi everyone,

okay here is the issue:

when ever i draw something in my drawing program (i use inventor autodesk),
that has curves like letters.
if i then import it in sheetcam i see these white dots on the curves,
problem is that if a continue and add my cutpaths (cnc plasma) and export it for mach3.
on every point there was in sheetcam the plasmatable comes to a halt to then start moving immediately back.
it does this on every point that sheetcam had, resulting in a not so good cut part everywhere the torch stop it leaves a small divot.

the points are already present in the drawing program, and i tried to remove them there but with no real succes.
any way to solve this issue in sheetcam?

i'll attach some pic of sheetcam with the points.
thank you!
Attachments
Schermopname (4).png
Schermopname (4).png (35.72 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Schermopname (3).png
Schermopname (3).png (36.34 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
djreiswig

Re: white points in my sheetcam drawings.

Post by djreiswig »

The white dots are segment ends. There is a toolbar button to show/hide them. They appear where line segments of arcs meet. They are normal. It doesn't look like your drawing has an excessive amount of nodes, so that shouldn't cause an issue when cutting.
I'm guessing you have something set wrong in Mach3 causing it to slow down when changing direction.
cruz

Post by cruz »

djreiswig wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 pm The white dots are segment ends. There is a toolbar button to show/hide them. They appear where line segments of arcs meet. They are normal. It doesn't look like your drawing has an excessive amount of nodes, so that shouldn't cause an issue when cutting.
I'm guessing you have something set wrong in Mach3 causing it to slow down when changing direction.
any idea what the issue could be in mach3?
i know this isn't the right forum for mach3 questions, but maybe you got a idea?
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Not sure. Did this just start suddenly? My guess would be a setting with one of your motors. Or, maybe the CV setting in Mach3. I'm not sure how it would behave if you had a really extreme CV setting. I guess it might make it stop on every node. I've not run into that behavior, so I'm not quite sure. Maybe start a new thread with a different title. Or head over to plasmaspider, there are some pretty good Mach3 folks over there.
TJS

Post by TJS »

I have the exact same problem when I cut a pumpkin out downloaded from plasmaspider. I made sure the outside layer is all one layer as there are many layers to this drawing for the outside outline of the pumpkin.