Sheetcam won't post process after update

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
TJS

Sheetcam won't post process after update

Post by TJS »

New here. Hang out on CandCNC forum as well as plasma spider. I run Command CNC set up. Was avoiding the update sheetcam message that would always pop up cause I am fairly new at CNC plasma cutting and did not want to make the change as I was afraid something would not work. Well now here I am. Somehow I pressed OK for the update by not paying attention. So now it states I have 6.1.57. I was running post rev-27e. Anyway as soon as I try to post process after this "update" the screen just flashes real quick and sheetcam shuts down. I have a paid license thru CandCNC so I have no idea what to do and I need to get some parts out the door. Also I went to the downloads Linux section here and have no idea if I have 32 bit or 64 bit. How do I tell. It was part of the Command CNC Dell package.
Thanks for your help.
WyoGreen

Re: Sheetcam won't post process after update

Post by WyoGreen »

To find out if your Linux computer is 32 bit or 64 bit, open your Terminal Emulator, then type in lscpu

You should get a printout, with a line like CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit

If you get that line, then you have a 64 bit computer. If it just says 32 bit, then you have a 32 bit computer.

Hope that helps, Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That's odd. Try using a different post processor. Go to Options->machine->post processor and make a note of the post you are using. Now select a different one, say the 'Mach3' post. The code won't work with your machine but if the post works it may help me figure out what is going on.

If you need to downgrade you can get the previous version here
32 bit: https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.1.51-32
64 bit: https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.1.51-64
TJS

Post by TJS »

Les Newell wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 am That's odd. Try using a different post processor. Go to Options->machine->post processor and make a note of the post you are using. Now select a different one, say the 'Mach3' post. The code won't work with your machine but if the post works it may help me figure out what is going on.

If you need to downgrade you can get the previous version here
32 bit: https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.1.51-32
64 bit: https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... V6.1.51-64
I did try a version rev-24 post that was there and still got the exact same thing after I went to post process. Just blanks out and shuts down. I did not try the "Mach" one cause I am running commandCNC and did not want to mix and match. I will look after my real job today and see if I have 32 or 64 and then try a previous version. Les, by downloading a version will this effect my license, also when I download this am I actually writing over what I have. I am very new to this and do not want to mess anything up from what was done already.
Thanks.
T.J.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Installing a different version won't affect your license. It also won't affect your settings.
TJS

Post by TJS »

I downloaded the 64 bit version. Changed permission to executable. Nothing happens when I double click on it. I then unclick the executable check box and then double click on the downloaded Icon and then sheetcam just opens with an error stating No Longer Supported, Not sure where to go now.
TJS

Post by TJS »

Forgot to add. Those links you posted open up a full page of garbage and crash the browser. I tried the 64 bit one three times.
TJS

Post by TJS »

Les,
Any updates on this. To confirm, I am running CommandCNC/Linux. Not getting anywhere. I am using the correct download on the download page for Linux. 64bit.
TJS

Post by TJS »

Ok. Update. Even though the terminal emulator denoted 32, 64 it actaully is a 32 bit. Tom at candcnc confirmed and told me to try the 32 bit download and it worked. Posting this in case others run into this situation.
T.J.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

TJS wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:13 pm Ok. Update. Even though the terminal emulator denoted 32, 64 it actaully is a 32 bit. Tom at candcnc confirmed and told me to try the 32 bit download and it worked. Posting this in case others run into this situation.
T.J.
Thanks for the followup info!