Job Report custom variables

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Job Report custom variables

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Is it possible to pull in custom tool parameters to be displayed on the report?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Job Report custom variables

Post by Les Newell »

Jeez, you like asking awkward questions don't you? :P
I'll add it to the next release.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Yeah.... i was worried you'd be tired of me at this point and just quit responding. I know i have been asking a lot lately and it is all mostly specific to our machines. Our operators have a niche for finding a way to mess stuff up, so i'm trying to make it as dummy proof as possible for them.

Thank you for all of your help. SheetCAM is a wonderful and versatile program!
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

While we're on this subject, could job report variables be available to the post as well. Specifically "JobExtentW" and "JobExtentH"?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

David_Lelen01 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pmYeah.... i was worried you'd be tired of me at this point and just quit responding.
No worries. I always welcome suggestions. I may not always implement them though...
David_Lelen01 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:09 pm While we're on this subject, could job report variables be available to the post as well. Specifically "JobExtentW" and "JobExtentH"?
Not so easy I'm afraid. The job report is actually a very specialized post processor and it calculates those values from the tool paths.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Not so easy I'm afraid. The job report is actually a very specialized post processor and it calculates those values from the tool paths.
Well dang, I guess it will be fine to just be in the report. It would just be nice to have that in the comments of the g-code. The machines actually have machine parameters for job size, but so far it hasn't caused a problem having the individual part size in there instead of the job size.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Here is another thought, would it be possible to have a PartSize variable for each part in the job or would that get way too complicated?