Z start to high

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
gorf

Z start to high

Post by gorf »

I can't seem to get the Z to start at top of part with the development ver. it always seems to set the Z to start from 3.5 inches so its cutting air..

I have the same post processor and part in The release version and that starts at the correct Z start and cuts fine..

any suggestions

Thanks
djreiswig

Re: Z start to high

Post by djreiswig »

Check the setting for height of work above table in job Options. It should be 0 for plasma.
gorf

Post by gorf »

Thanks

Yes I have checked that I had it at 0 and also at.250 its on a mill so I like it at .250 above table...
Doesn't seem like any setting I change it always writes out the g code to start at 3.5" high and just thinks that the Hight to work from
it should jog to .5 then down to 0 and start cutting but jogs to 3.5 then to 3.0 and starts cutting... and that's in the g code file..
like I said the release version's g code is fine, just problem with the development version, and all settings seem to be the same

Gary
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you let me have a copy of your job file (File->save job) with the cuts all set up ready to post process I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
gorf

Post by gorf »

Here is the job file

Thanks gary
Attachments
XballscrewmountFinal.job
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You entered a tool length offset. This is added to the Z position. If your control is applying tool offsets or you manually zero the tool you should leave this value at 0.
gorf

Post by gorf »

Thanks les

That was the problem

Gary