Plasma Tool Offsets

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Plasma Tool Offsets

Post by David_Lelen01 »

It appears the OnOffsetLeft or OnOffsetRight functions only use whatever the offset is of the operation and ignore any offset/direction changes specified to individual start points.

I set up a single operation that has two paths to cut, one inside offset and one outside offset. With the operation cut direction reversed, both should be offset to the left. This is true, and it works. The problem comes when i reverse the cut direction on the inside offset start point only. It should now be a right tool offset, but the post still writes it as a left offset.

I would upload screenshots, but i am not sure how to show what i am talking about. Hopefully this makes sense. Do you have any insight or suggestions?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Plasma Tool Offsets

Post by Les Newell »

OnOffsetLeft and OnOffsetRight are pretty much untested. They are part of the G41/G42 support that I started some time back. I ran into a number of hurdles with that support so it never ended up in SheetCam.
David_Lelen01

Re: Plasma Tool Offsets

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I can imagine that would be a huge undertaking to do. It does appear that i am pushing the limits of your software with trying to get it to work with our waterjet machine. I must say though, it is a wonderful software and very impressive. I love the simplicity and ease of programming machines with it.