Little holes in my work

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Suamicoplasma

Little holes in my work

Post by Suamicoplasma »

I get get these little holes cut into some of my work. I do mostly art stuff and am new to plasma. I do not see them in sheetcam. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks John
robertspark

Re: Little holes in my work

Post by robertspark »

Photo?? is it at the end or start of the cut? Changes in direction? is it where the gcode steps from one line to the next? Do you have an example code you can post (just delete a chunk out of the middle if you are previous about your work).
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I suspect if you were to blow up your file in your drawing program, you would find some stray "dots" placed where Sheetcam is posting them to be cut. I sometimes find these artifacts in some of the artsy drawings. They can be fun to find. If you display your tool-paths and start points in Sheetcam, you'll sometimes find you have more start points than you should have.

Steve
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Stray points in the drawing, small loops in the lines, areas where the kerf is larger than the gap in the drawing, so the torch has to skip over and punch a small hole, etc. Without an image of the drawing in CAD and Sheetcam, it's hard to tell.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That does sound like stray lines in your drawing. Make sure rapid moves are turned on (View->show rapids). If you look at the blue rapid moves and see one that goes somewhere unexpected you can zoom in closer to see what is going on.
Turn on View->show path ends. You will now see white dots on the ends of lines that don't form closed shapes. If your stray cuts are just short lines they will be very visible this way. If your stray cuts form closed shapes, turn on View ->show segment ends. Now the ends and any joins between lines and arcs are shown.