Leadins shown lead ins not cut

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cohippy

Leadins shown lead ins not cut

Post by cohippy »

This is the 2nd time sheetcam has done this last time only fix i found was to un install and reinstall....but id like to find an answer to WHY and HOW to fix this, sheetcam is showing the leadins but not cutting the ieadins on the table.
lead outs2.PNG
lead outs2.PNG (48.98 KiB) Viewed 973 times
lead outs.PNG
lead outs.PNG (172.11 KiB) Viewed 973 times
It goes to the leadin start on the machine but then goes to the path and starts its pierce on the path instead of cutting the .3" leadin and continuing on its path. any help much appreaciated
cohippy

Re: Leadins shown lead ins not cut

Post by cohippy »

This is gcode from yesterday which it worked just fine cutting a .5" lead in on some 5/8th
Attachments
leadouts 3.PNG
leadouts 3.PNG (78.13 KiB) Viewed 972 times
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Which sheetcam development version are you using?

Go to Help >> About

The reason why I ask is because my jet cutting operation have another box which says

Start at the centre of circles smaller than .....
2019-06-25 21_23_05-SheetCam TNG Development - Untitled.png
2019-06-25 21_23_05-SheetCam TNG Development - Untitled.png (15.44 KiB) Viewed 968 times

Also have you edited the post processor??

The post processor is available for download from here:
https://www.pricecnc.com/support
(I downloaded it and had a look)

There is nothing that jumps out as an issue with their post processor but I notice having a look at your screenshot you posted is adding an M8 after the S500 and before the part operation.... so I'm wondering where the M8 is coming from and if you have changed anything else in the post processor (yes it probably turns on your extract fan or somthing like that) my point being it is helpful if you upload your post processor and provide a little more info as to what version of sheetcam you are running as it will have less head scratching.
2019-06-25 21_26_58-sheetcam.com - Post a reply.png
2019-06-25 21_26_58-sheetcam.com - Post a reply.png (38.28 KiB) Viewed 968 times
I presume that M10P2 / M11P2 is to turn the THC on and off?
cohippy

Post by cohippy »

6.1.53 is my version. I do not have the version to start from center of circles....Yes my post processor is edited ive been running a custom one Albert from price cnc did for me for 3 years, it has not been touched....this issues started when i actually restared my pc.....from acting correct, to not inserting lead ins
Attachments
leadouts 4.PNG
leadouts 4.PNG (46.77 KiB) Viewed 964 times
cohippy

Post by cohippy »

M8 M9 turn my down draft fan on/off
cohippy

Post by cohippy »

M10P2 / M11P2 is to turn the THC on and off?...Correct
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

hmm.... not sure why the problem may happen all of a sudden after 3 years of use... memory issue? temporary files?

just guessing now....

any clues with task manager looking at ram usage?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Is it actually running a pierce cycle after the leadin? If your pierce delay is too short the machine may start moving before the torch has fired, which would explain the symptoms you are seeing.