Leadins- not being able to place them where i want

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Chad Lawhorn

Leadins- not being able to place them where i want

Post by Chad Lawhorn »

Im very new to Sheetcam. ive been cutting 1" think material using .05" leadin inside a 2" circle and .05 leadin to the outside of my part. I do not know if ive click something somewhere or what, but now anything with a kerf width larger then .08" it will not let me place the leadin where i want. It only allows me to place on corners on the outside of part or one of four positions on the inside of the circle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Chad

Adding a Test Job.
Attachments
TEST.job
(28.72 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
David_Lelen01

Re: Leadins- not being able to place them where i want

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Perhaps i am misunderstanding something, but 0.05" leadin on 1" plate is excessively short. As a general rule, we always use 1/2 the sheet thickness for the length of the leadin. Sometimes on holes and small features that must be reduced though.

But what you are describing actually makes sense to me. If the leadin is 0.05 and the kerf is 0.08 wide, the kerf offset will be half of the kerf width or 0.04. Therefore, a kerf any larger becomes wider than the leadin length and thus you would have no leadin. it would have to be placed on the corners for it to be a valid leadin.