Nesting mode

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Nesting mode

Post by SeanP »

Sorry to pester you again with this Les, any chance you might take a look at it?

If nesting mode could get right click options it would be a big timesaver for me, I do use the 'copy all' operations a lot after you kindly added that previously.

Many thanks
Sean
Attachments
Sheetcam nesting mode.png
Sheetcam nesting mode.png (87.12 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
SeanP

Re: Nesting mode

Post by SeanP »

Also double clicking on operations to edit isn't available in nesting where all other modes it is.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That is correct. I disabled most of that because it is possible to select multiple parts. The operations window can only show operations for one part. If you have multiple parts selected you have no way of knowing which part's operations the window is showing.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Ah right, no worries just thought it was worth a mention, cheers
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Can it be made to work if one part is selected and disabled if multiple parts are selected?
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

djreiswig wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:47 pm Can it be made to work if one part is selected and disabled if multiple parts are selected?
Yes that really would be a godsend, I've been working with nested sheet files the few jobs where the full sheet is one dxf, I try and get all the operations sorted before breaking up (I presume that's the best way to go about it), there is always something I seem to miss, having to select the part in nest mode, then go to view toolpaths to be able to check operations on each layer, back to nesting and so on.

I'm sure it would help a lot of people if you could manage something there Les. :P
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I really need to think on this one. I am trying to find a way to have one set of operations applied to all parts. Unfortunately the way I designed SheetCam internally makes that difficult. Not one of my better design choices.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Les, to be honest though it's not that often you have the same operations on all parts within a sheet at least I don't seem to do, parts with square corners I find the tangent lead-in and out best where as round parts I go with a arc.

It's easy enough really on a single file full sheet dxf to select say holes, arc outer or tangent outer, set up the operations then breakup, you still need to go over every part to move the leadin to best place.

The problem is when you miss something and need to change, check or edit the operations, it's really just the selection process is fiddly and takes time going between nesting and view toolpath.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I don't know why it has taken me so long to sort this out but the next beta and dev releases will only disable the operations window if you have multiple parts selected.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Sorry missed your post there, that's superb now, just updated and gave it a try, that will help no end, Thankyou.

The shortcut keys will also be very useful, thanks again.

I notice that just using the 'd' key doesn't work now for duplicate part, after just finding it the other week it's just gone :lol: I was just loving that as well.

Using the dev version I notice the quick load plugin seems to be causing some sort of error, I tried disabling it and then reloading but something seems to be amiss.

Edit.
Brilliant! now you can even select a duplicate in nesting mode and edit the operation without even having to find the original/first part :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Error from quickload plugin
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

In the next release the D key will be back. The quick load plugin will also be fixed.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Excellent stuff Les! C key also used to work for copy as well 8) 8)
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It is now <Ctrl>C, which is the Windows standard.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Using 6.9.7 now all day, looking good thanks,
It's not keeping custom shortcut's after shutting down and restarting for some reason.
Getting error on shutdown sometimes as well that seems to be when I close down after changing a shortcut.