Variable THC feed speeds?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Cncburn

Variable THC feed speeds?

Post by Cncburn »

Is there a way to insert a Variable feed speed for my THC? I am using a capacitive THC, and I have been modifying the text line "M667 F##" to adjust the feed speed manually. I would like to have the speed set automatically based on the tool speed. For instance, if I am cutting 1/4" steel at 48 IPM, I would like the THC move the Z up/down at 48 IPM ,(or ultimately, a percentage of that speed). If I am cutting 18 ga at 200 IPM, the Z would speed up too. Is this a reasonable goal? Or am I overthinking the THC rate? Thanks for the input.
Cncburn

Re: Variable THC feed speeds?

Post by Cncburn »

This is a duplicate post, Sorry.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

What system are you running? I'm not aware of any system where Sheetcam controls the THC parameters, other than turning it on/off in the code.

Most systems using sheetcam have the THC controls in another area, not Sheetcam.
Cncburn

Post by Cncburn »

I’m running a Masso controller, the sheetcam post calls out the THC on/off as it’s own function. Les just recently helped me with the issue. By adding some very basic code to the THC function line, I am now able to set my ZSpeed during THCon. I am now able to base the speed on a percentage of the tool cut speed. The faster my X,Y are moving, the faster the Z will react during THC on. I have not had a chance to fully test the fix out yet, so I have not nailed down the best speed range for the THC. But with the new variable speed adjustment I am hopeful it will be easy to find.
Cncburn

Post by Cncburn »

Forgot to mention, I have a home built table, Masso controller, DMM Servos and drives, and a Alkom CAP04 capacitive THC.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Well, that is pretty awesome then!