Issue importing Sheetcam Windows job file to Sheetcam Linux

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
motoguy

Issue importing Sheetcam Windows job file to Sheetcam Linux

Post by motoguy »

I've had this pop up before, but thought it was a drawing issue. It's popping up again today, and I know it's not a drawing issue. My file in Sheetcam Windows looks fine:
20190621_112101.jpg
20190621_112101.jpg (465.25 KiB) Viewed 685 times
When I save that as a .job file, transfer to Linux, and open job in Sheetcam Linux, it looks like this:
20190621_112110.jpg
20190621_112110.jpg (425.21 KiB) Viewed 685 times
20190621_112113.jpg
20190621_112113.jpg (394.55 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Notice the holes, which are now incomplete. It seems like arcs are where I notice this.

I would understand this more if I was importing a drawing (svg, dxf, etc), but I'm not sure why the change in the geometry as a job file. Any ideas? I have confirmed that my Drawing Import settings are the same in both version (though messing with them doesn't seem to change anything).

If I post in Windows and open in CommandCNC, it's fine. If I post from Linux and open in CommandCNC, it shows the same defect (which I expected).

Windows Dev version 6.1.53, Linux 6.1.57

It has all 4 nodes of the holes, and will display an outside offset just fine. No offset or inside offset are boogered up, though.
islander261

Re: Issue importing Sheetcam Windows job file to Sheetcam Linux

Post by islander261 »

Hello

I have posted before about the same problem with importing curves into the Linux version of SheetCam. I believe this has to do with the SVG support and the conversion of arbitrary (Bezier) curves to a series of circular arcs. My work around is to create a job file in Windows and then reopen it in Linux, this takes care of 90% of the problems.

John
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

islander261 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:31 pm Hello

I have posted before about the same problem with importing curves into the Linux version of SheetCam. I believe this has to do with the SVG support and the conversion of arbitrary (Bezier) curves to a series of circular arcs. My work around is to create a job file in Windows and then reopen it in Linux, this takes care of 90% of the problems.

John
That's the confusing part...this job WAS created in Windows Sheetcam, and then the .job file (not svg) was opened in Linux Sheetcam...Linux never saw a raw drawing...just the .job file from the Windows Sheetcam.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That is really odd. The Windows and Linux job files should be interchangeable. Could you send me a copy of that file so I can do some experiments.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Will do. When I run the post on the Windows version, and send that to the Linux box, CommandCNC does fine with it (that's how I cut it). Opening the .job file in Sheetcam caused the issues.

email sent to les@sheetcam.com