Rehashing old hole not found problem

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
gorf

Rehashing old hole not found problem

Post by gorf »

I know this has been gone over many times but I can't seem to get it fixed,
It only seems to happen if I try to drill twice with the same hole..

If I create a drill process for the hole say to do a spot drill, the drill bit is .125 and create it, I get no errors.
now if I pick the same hole and switch to a .250 to drill though the hole is when I get no holes found.
I have changed the min and max size but doesn't matter only seems to happen if I try to drill the same hole even
moved it to a different layer so spot and drill though have there own lay names..

I have created the dxf file with both solidworks and autocad no difference..

Any suggestions?

Also is there a way to edit the post process so all lines start with a G0 G00 G01 exc, I am using auggie for some projects and it doesn't seem to like any lines that don't start with a G command I looked though the G code and a lot of lines started with Z-.00 or X or Y but no G to start the line..

thanks gary
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Rehashing old hole not found problem

Post by Les Newell »

Please don't post the same question on both this forum and the Yahoo group.

Are you sure you are setting min and max correctly? They refer to the circle diameters, not the drill diameters. If you want to drill all circles on that layer set min to 0 and max to 1000. Also check you have the hole layer selected. If you still can't get it to work send me a copy of the job file (File->save job) with the drill operation set up.
Also is there a way to edit the post process so all lines start with a G0 G00 G01 exc
Go to Options->machine->post processor and click on the 'edit post' button. Search for any occurrence of post.ModalText and change it to post.Text

Les