Drill Points

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Turkr42

Drill Points

Post by Turkr42 »

I have figured out how to make drill points in sheetcam.

The problem is the very first peck of the torch. It's always a nasty bigger peck then the rest of them and also blows all the way through the material.

What can I do to fix the problem? Is it possible to make the machine fire the torch once real quick before it starts pecking the drill points?

My way around this so far is to have a point off my part that is actually the first peck. But it seems like that a wasted action that the machine has to make.
SeanP

Re: Drill Points

Post by SeanP »

Good stuff, it's a very useful feature I use it most days at some stage, I try and do a cut first then let it move to do the peck while the post flow is still running, if that's not possible I have a key on the keyboard set to 'torch fire' I just give that a very quick fire as it's on the move to start.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MjXVQm8iuHpnxF2o6
Turkr42

Post by Turkr42 »

How do you set a key on the keyboard to do a "torch fire"?

Does it fire on and off or do you have to hit the key twice?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Turkr42 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm How do you set a key on the keyboard to do a "torch fire"?

Does it fire on and off or do you have to hit the key twice?
If you are using Mach3 then the torch on/off is triggered on shortcut key "F5"

You will have to press it twice for on and then off.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You could make a Mach3 macro to cycle the torch quickly on & off and assign it to a button. You also could probably modify the post to raise up and do a short cycle before the first mark.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

I don't use mach3 any more, however it sounds like mach is waiting for the arcok signal and that may be causing your problem. I think it's the spindle tab, if you turn off the thc and then use the g04 pxxxx it will be a consistent time period