Linux SVG Import

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
islander261

Linux SVG Import

Post by islander261 »

Hello

I am still having problems importing .svg files that contain arcs into SheetCAM running under linux (Debian 9/ LMDE-3/LMDE-2). This does not happen when running under Windoze (same file works fine when booted to Windoze). I am trying to use 6.1.56. Setting the Application options/Drawing import/Arc fitting tolerance to 0 will import the drawing but the resulting Gcode doesn't have any arcs only many, many short linear moves to approximate the arc. What information do you need to track the cause of this down? This is a problem for all linuxcnc and it's derivatives users.

John
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Linux SVG Import

Post by Les Newell »

Are you using the most recent version of SheetCam (6.1.57)?
islander261

Re: Linux SVG Import

Post by islander261 »

Hello

I am continuing to have problems with .svg file drawing file imports. I have down loaded and installed 6.1.57.

1. When I import a file with Application options > Drawing import > Arc fitting tolerance set to 0 the drawing is converted to only short linear segments. The PP output is only a series of very short G1 moves to approximate the arcs in the drawing.

2. When I import a file with Application options > Drawing import > Arc fitting tolerance set to any thing other than 0 the imported contour shown on the screen contains many small circles that aren't on the original drawing. Please see attached screen shot. I have checked the source .svg files with other applications and the circles or loops aren't there with them.

3. Inkscape now defaults to a "CSS" standard of 96 pix per inch. SheetCam is using 90 pix per inch so the imported .svg drawing is imported larger than in Inkscape. I have years of Inkscape artwork here, is there any way to auto detect what scaling on the .svg file is so I don't have to open each file in Inkscape and adjust the size before importing it?

4. This only happens with the Linux version of SC. If I run the Windoze version under Win7 this doesn't happen.

John
Attachments
24in_bigfoot.svg
(16.12 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Screenshot from 2019-03-21 11-10-25.png
Screenshot from 2019-03-21 11-10-25.png (67.8 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
Support.zip
(66.42 KiB) Downloaded 65 times