plugin

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
perky

plugin

Post by perky »

ipurchased vcarve and am trying to use the plugin in sheetcam. I entered my sheetcam license and restarted and it says failed to load unlicensed. i tried my vectric license and same thing happens. what am i doing wrong. thanks in advance for the helpI am trying to use the candcnc router post processor with vcarve but it will not import it into vcarve because it is the wrong file type. so i am trying to use sheetcam for the post processor. am i going about this the wrong way? thanks again
WyoGreen

Re: plugin

Post by WyoGreen »

Did you enter the Vcarve license key in Sheetcam/Options/Plugin Options/Vcarve?
perky

Post by perky »

yes i did and it said plugin failed to load / plugin is unlicensed
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The v carving plugin in SheetCam is not associated with Vectric in any way. It is a different product although it does use a V cutter for engraving. To use this plugin you need to purchase a license for it from the SheetCam website.

Do you want to use Vectric to run your CandCNC router? Do they have a LinuxCNC post processor? That should work.
perky

Post by perky »

ok, my mistake. i thought this was for vectrics vcarve program. i have got it to work with an emc post and a wincnc post, i was just trying to use candcnc's post because it supports a tool change and touch probe. you can import a post into vectric but it has to be a pp file extension and candcnc's post is sc post. i am new to this and dont know how to change the file type or if you can. thanks so much for answering les.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Unfortunately posts are not compatible between SheetCam and Vectric.
perky

Post by perky »

ok thank you very much. that answered my question