Linux version tooltable

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
WyoGreen

Linux version tooltable

Post by WyoGreen »

I've been having a few weird problems with Sheetcam version 6.1.56 running under Xubuntu 18.04.01. But today I was reading a post by someone who was having problems and I opened up my tooltable to compare some settings, and noticed that I was missing my "custom tools" columns, such as cut voltage. I thought that was a bit strange, so I went to the file menu an did the open toolset. That toolset also was missing the custom tool settings. So I opened that file with notepad, and the custom tool settings were there. The bottom line is the custom tool settings are not showing up in Sheetcam. I ran the uninstall Sheetcamtng shell script from the Sheetcamtng directory, then downloaded the newest Linux 64 bit version from the Sheecam website. (Note: the shell script does not uninstall everything). When I restarted Sheetcamtng, the problem was still there.
I seem to remember reading about this somewhere, but was unable to find that thread again. So my question is, Where do I go from here? Since I've been having the weird problems, both with Sheetcam and the Xubuntu 18.04, I am considering just wiping the hard drive and starting over. I might also mention that I have an identical backup computer with the same operating system, and Sheetcam (and Xubuntu) are working just fine there. The tooltable I tried opening on this computer came from the backup computer.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, Steve.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Linux version tooltable

Post by Les Newell »

Are you using a different post processor? The custom settings are generated by the post processor so if your post has changed you won't see them.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Thanks Les, you were right on the Post processor. I forgot that the last time that I used Sheetcam I was using my modified laser post. That said, I can open the default toolset that was there and it has the missing columns, but the values are wrong, and if I try to open any of the CandCNC toolsets, Sheetcam locks up and I have to use task manager to kill the program. These toolsets open fine on the backup computer, so I'll see if I still have a copy of the old Sheetcam program I can load and see if the tool sets work with it on this computer. This computer now has the 6.1.56 version on it, and the backup computer has an older version, can't remember for positive which one unless I go to the shop to see.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you send me one of the troublesome tool sets so I can run some tests.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Les,
I reinstalled my Linux operating system this weekend and that cleared up all my problems. Just something wonkey in the system that screwed things up I guess.

Thanks for your help, Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That's really odd. Let me know if you have any more problems.