List of Available variables and functions

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

List of Available variables and functions

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Is there some documentation with a list of all of the available variables and functions in SheetCAM? The "post documentation" button seems to only contain a limited number of the available functions and variables. I stumbled across one function I needed by looking through the standard post processors already installed.

I would like to write a post for our waterjet machine, but this will be nearly impossible if I have no way to know all of the available functions and variables.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: List of Available variables and functions

Post by Les Newell »

The post docs contain all of the officially supported functions. There are a few that are experimental and as such are not documented.
Posts are written in Lua https://www.lua.org/ so all of the standard Lua functions are also available.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Ok, i understand now. Is there any way i could get a list of the experimental functions and variables? I have a feeling some of them will be useful to me and i would be glad to assist with testing them.

I looked at the Lua website, but it only helped explain the syntax and basic functions. I am looking for SheetCAM specific functions. Then again, i have not scanned through all of the resources on the Lua website yet.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

As far as I can remember the OnOffset functions and toolOffset are the only ones at the moment. toolOffset is always zero because SheetCam does not currently expect the machine to apply an offset.