Just a question Les. Error in Mach3

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
hsolve

Just a question Les. Error in Mach3

Post by hsolve »

I have a problem with an error coming up on open contours in Mach 3. Sheetcam simulation goes without problem but when the file is transfered to the cutting machine, Mach 3 will come up with (radius at end of arc differs from radius to start). It then gives the line number and the code. I will try to attach the file and it stops on line number N8760 code is G02 X70.219 Y5.339 I1184.932 J-12.700. I know that it is the open contours from previous files. I have removed the open contours from this file that I am sending you and only left one small item which is causing the problems. I would like to resolve this as I do need to put in open contours on templets for constructing complex parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just hope this has uploaded to the site :oops:
Attachments
MET-0099_v4.tap
(20.4 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Just a question Les. Error in Mach3

Post by Les Newell »

This could be a post processor issue or a job file issue. Try using the 'Mach3 THC with scriber' post. If you still get the same error could you let me have a copy of your job file (file->save job) with everything set up ready to cut.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les. Have changed to the post processor you mentioned and still the same, all good if no open contours. Will send the job file and the only layer that is stopping (mach3 error) is layer 'question'
Attachments
MET-0099_v4.job
(97.29 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les. Have changed to the post processor you mentioned and still the same, all good if no open contours. Will send the job file and the only layer that is stopping (mach3 error) is layer 'question'
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

There is something odd about that outline. Check the drawing to see if you have multiple lines on top of each other. If you can't find anything, send me a copy of the drawing.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

These are the second set that have caused this problem (can't find the first). Once the open contours are removed Mach 3 likes them
Attachments
MET-0099_v4.dxf
(228.49 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les. Any insight on this matter 'error in mach 3'. Thankyou
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

There seems to be something funky going on with over cutting. You have a 10mm overcut defined on that operation and it doesn't seem to be playing well with the open contours. I will investigate further.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les. I think the over cut is only on the plasma section at the end of the job, well that is where it is supposed to be. It's the scribing of the open contours that is the problem, That being said there may be more to it than I think. Looking to your analysis and a resolution. Thanks again.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The scribing operation also has an overcut defined. This is what is causing the problem.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for that Les. I will try this and see of it makes any difference. I assumed that if it is an open contour, it has a start and finish so no over cut can be applied and also thought that only applies to the cutting with plasma. OK will try and report back. Thanks again.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Again Thankyou Les. Yes that made all the difference, went through without a hitch. Thankyou very much appreciated for you help, I would have never guessed that that was the problem all along. It is so frustrating, now how simple that was to correct and how much greef that caused me :oops: . Let me say again Thankyou. Lets now hope that I remember this in the future. :lol:
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

This is a bug. SheetCam should not overcut open contours.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les. We are now just a little bit wiser. Again thankyou