Tool names when loading toolset

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
djreiswig

Tool names when loading toolset

Post by djreiswig »

I've run into this issue again, since I reloaded SheetCam on a new laptop. It took me a bit to recall how I fixed it before. I copied my toolset from my old computer and when I opened it in the fresh install on the new computer, my tool names were all different. They are correct in the file when I look at it, but when they load in SheetCam they are all different. It finally dawned on me that there is a setting in the add tool window that says Automatically generate name. Unchecking this and creating a tool before loading a toolset makes the tool names load from the file as expected. I'm not sure why this setting overrides the file settings. It sure is confusing. If this is a global setting, then maybe there should be an option to change it when a toolset is loaded. Good news is it appears to stick after it is changed the first time, and subsequent toolsets retain their tool names.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Tool names when loading toolset

Post by Les Newell »

Edit a tool then turn off 'Automatically generate name'. Now load your toolset and the names should remain as they were.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Yeah. I figured that out. I just thought maybe it should default to keeping the names in the file, or give you the option when you load the file.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I think I do need to do something about this option - too many people are getting caught out by it.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Glad I'm not the only one. It's gotten me a couple of times.