Finish allowance on spiral pocket over cut

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
mariusl

Finish allowance on spiral pocket over cut

Post by mariusl »

Hi Les
I used the finish allowance feature on a spiral pocket cut and found that the allowance caused the an over cut of the same size. It does show correctly on screen but the on the part it comes out wrong. I tried a negative number and that shows up as over cut on the screen but I did not cut a part with that setting as I know it works. I use it a lot to over cut a tight fitting part.

Look at the first part in the job.
Attachments
rotary motor mount LH.job
(28.09 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Finish allowance on spiral pocket over cut

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you see the tool path change on the screen it will change when you run the post processor. The screen is just a specialized post processor so you will get the same geometry when you run the post.
mariusl

Post by mariusl »

That was my understanding always but in this case the result is not correct. It is fine for all other operations but not spiral pocket. I re cut the same parts but used contour operation and the result is correct. There seem to be an issue with spiral pockets
mariusl

Post by mariusl »

I forgot to mention that it is the development release
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

SheetCam works out the cut offset amount by taking the tool radius then adding the finish allowance. It uses exactly the same maths for positive and negative finish allowance so if negative finish works, positive has to also work.