error with arc coordinate

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
tony

error with arc coordinate

Post by tony »

hello!
I am facing a problem that in some arcs the coordinate are not right (ex: I=54 J=0 OR I=0 J=35)
is there is a way to reverse the cut direction in sheetcam if it can help to slove the problem
thank you
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: error with arc coordinate

Post by Les Newell »

I can't see how reversing the cut direction would chenge the way arcs are output. Most SheetCam post processors use incremental arc center coordinates so the canter is relative to the arc start position. Are you expecting absolute arc centers?
tony

Post by tony »

I am using a four axes cnc &i think that the problem is that the 4th axes (A) during roughing turn for example from 280 degree to -20 instead of 340 degree , I am just wondering if this a problem is with the post processor or in the way i draw the dxf drawing because not in all arcs i face this problem
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry for the delay in replying. What post processor are you using? What control software are you using?
tony

Post by tony »

I am using Mach 3 tangential post processor , during my tests to resolve the problem i try to reverse the start point & it's work but not in all cases
today i try to make an ellipse & i am using easycad for making dxf drawing what i face a problem is that the ellipse was made from small arcs so i have so many points & during work the cutter stop at each point & then continue, i think if there is a function inside the sheetcam that takes all the points continually it will help to fix the first problem also.
thank you Less for your support
tony

Post by tony »

test.tap
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
WISS4OVA mounir.dxf
(178.69 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
here is the cad file & the generate G code that i get from the sheetcam