Centroid Acorn Post Processor for router

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Brian Lamb

Centroid Acorn Post Processor for router

Post by Brian Lamb »

Doing programming for someone that just had their router retrofitted with Centroid's Acorn controller. There is a Centroid post, but it's for an older control, and it uses G43 tool length offsets. I am finding out the router guys just reset the tool length as they change tools using a touch off plate, Centroid has a custom Macro that does this very well upon the M06 call.

I think I have most of the things I needed changed in the post, I have it turing on the dust collector (that's actually in job options under the tool change) and going home at the end of the program to get away from being on top of the sheet.

I would like to possibly add a G81 canned cycle for drilling of the holes... which I think I can copy from my Milltronics post I use for my CNC mill. This way it's easy for the somewhat inexperienced users I'm doing this for, to change a hole depth or feed rate if they desire, only one line instead of 30-40 spots if there are that many holes.

One other issue, and it's been dogging me for a while... when I post code for any of the machines I've done lately... I get a line, pretty sure it's a comment, always right after my "Process" line, but it says "(0.230" available for clamping)", for the life of me, I can't figure out where it came from, where in the whole of Sheetcam it was input, and how to get rid of it.

I'll attach the last file I coded for a part yesterday that shows it:
SP2 converted to Alibre.tap
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Brian Lamb

Re: Centroid Acorn Post Processor for router

Post by Brian Lamb »

Did some more work on the post. Added the G81 canned cycle, set my tools to be sequential and so on. I am having issues with the G80 canceling the canned cycle between duplicate parts.

I'll attach a support file and the job file.
Support.zip
(106.2 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
TL1 TL2 full sheet centroid post.job
(64.36 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Give this a try. I had to fudge it a bit but it should work.
Attachments
Centroid Router.scpost
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Brian Lamb

Post by Brian Lamb »

Hi Les,

That worked fine, thank you. Only issue I still seem to have is the (0.230" available for clamping.), can you tell me where Sheetcam is getting that info and how I can get rid of it?

This cropped up when a friend sent me a job file that he was having trouble with and I'm pretty sure he inserted that into his job file somewhere, it evidently changed my settings somewhere and I can't seem to find it... drives me nuts....
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

sorry, it's in the inside and ourside offset operation notes.
Brian Lamb

Post by Brian Lamb »

Perfect, thank you. I actually looked there, but on operations that didn't have inside or outside offsets.