"Please choose an existing file"

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
motoguy

"Please choose an existing file"

Post by motoguy »

I've started getting this error when trying to open a .job file from Sheetcam TNG (Windows 7) to Sheetcam (Linux) via a shared (network) folder. It's only started happening in the last 2 days. I've tried saving the .job via TNG and DEV (Windows), but get the same error message upon opening with Linux. The file will open fine in both Windows versions. The .job will load fine from USB drive as well, it's just the shared directory that has issues.

Older .job files seem to still be opening fine in Linux, via the shared folder.

In the past 2 days I've updated Sheetcam (Windows), as well as CommandCNC to 9.7

I don't know what's triggering that error window from a network drive location. Les, does that error point to a Sheetcam issue, or would it be an issue with the CommandCNC 9.7 kernel update? Again, all old (older than 2 days) .job files open fine from the shared directory.

Thanks!

ETA: The file will open fine in Sheetcam Linux, if it's saved to the local Linux machine. Using file manager, I saved the .job file from the shared directory to the desktop of the local Linux machine. It opened fine this way as well. Immediately tried to open it from the shared folder, got the same error message.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: "Please choose an existing file"

Post by Les Newell »

That is really odd. I guess it is something odd about the way the network drive is mounted.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

I rolled back from 6.1.5 to 6.1.49 (which was working before), and I get he same error. I did not wipe the existing 6.1.5 from the Linux box, rather I just downloaded and installed the 6.1.49 installer over the top.

Still having the same issue. Sheetcam won't load the file from the shared drive (it's been fine this way since last spring/summer) without giving the error, but will load if I copy the remote file to a local directory. Linux machine has been rebooted several times since this issue came up (I shut it down nightly).
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Motoguy,

you don't suppose the network drive is not being mounted on the Linux computer? I only ask because when I run a program on my Linux computer and try to open a file on an external drive, I get an error similar to the error you are getting. If I click on the drive and mount it ahead of time, then the file opens ok.

Steve
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

WyoGreen wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 pm Motoguy,

you don't suppose the network drive is not being mounted on the Linux computer? I only ask because when I run a program on my Linux computer and try to open a file on an external drive, I get an error similar to the error you are getting. If I click on the drive and mount it ahead of time, then the file opens ok.

Steve
I mount the drive immediately after booting up the linux machine (when the linux machine is booted, it's because I'm going to use the table to cut a file). In addition, I can copy the (remote) file to the (local) desktop, and Sheetcam will open it just fine. I can also copy the (remote) file to a (local) USB drive, and it will load fine from there as well. Sheetcam just will not open the remote file directly. It's just odd. If no other CommandCNC users are having this issue after updating to Sheetcam 6.1.50 and CommandCNC .97, it must be a bug of some sort on my end.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Motoguy,

I tried out what you are attempting to do on my system and it worked fine. My system is a Linux to Linux setup, so maybe windows itself is messing something up. (Not that Windows would ever mess anything up!) :roll:

Steve