6.1.50 shuts down instead of running post processor

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Hobby4me

6.1.50 shuts down instead of running post processor

Post by Hobby4me »

Hi all,

I allowed Sheetcam to auto-update from 6.1.38 (I believe that was it) to 6.1.50 and on first run, the program failed to run the post processor. By failed to run, I mean I was able to setup all tool pathing, save the job, confirm visually it was as I wanted, but when selecting to run post processing to get g-code output, the application just shut down. I used new jobs, previously saved jobs that did work, etc., all with the same outcome.

I am using a CandCNC complete Linux system build, CommandCNC 0.9.5, and was not able to resolve the issue with SheetCam 6.1.50. I could run a job report, detail looks good, but any attempt to generate the g-code just closed the app. What I have done for now is manually downgrade to 6.1.44. I only selected that version because I happened to find a link in the forums to it. Changing nothing else on the system or settings, the downgraded version now completes the post processor task successfully.

While I'm back in business with the older version, any thoughts on what might be causing the issue with 6.1.50? I'd like to stay relatively currently with the software releases but I clearly cannot do so because of the error I am experiencing.

Hobby4me
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: 6.1.50 shuts down instead of running post processor

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry I thought I had managed to fix that bug. Go to your home directory and delete the directory sheetcamtng. Now install the latest version.