Oxy/Fuel 2 Solenoid Custom Post

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
legacytorch

Oxy/Fuel 2 Solenoid Custom Post

Post by legacytorch »

I am running a two solenoid system for flame cutting. One solenoid preheat, the other cut. There does not seem to be a post specifically for this setup. Can someone recommend a good available post to use as a starting point to modify?

I am using The Centroid acorn system and their CNC12 software to run the Gcode. I want to use M07 for preheat and M08 for cut. That way I can use M09 to shut them both off. I have a basic understanding of Mcodes and posts but I have never modified one before so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Oxy/Fuel 2 Solenoid Custom Post

Post by Les Newell »

Does your machine have a moving Z axis? if so does it have THC?
legacytorch

Post by legacytorch »

Yes it has a moving z axis. No it does not have a THC.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Ok, give this a try. Save the attachment to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears, navigate to your post and open it. Go back to Options->machine->post processor and make sure your post is selected.

I just hacked it together quickly so it may need a bit of tweaking. Let me know how it works for you.
Attachments
Centroid plasma.scpost
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
legacytorch

Post by legacytorch »

Wow, I didn't expect you to do the work for me. Thanks

I had to split a line. The CNC12 software came up with an error that there could not be two m codes on a line. I just made two separate lines. Not sure if that's the right way to do it, but it fixed the error. Now looks like this.

function OnFinish()
post.Text (" M05\n")
post.Text (" M30\n")
end

The solenoids seem to fire, and in the right order. Preheat time and pierce delay time works too, it also shuts off right at the end of the cut. But M07 (preheat) shuts off as soon and M08 (cut) starts. I need them both to be on for the cut. I tried just adding an additional M07 before the M08 but that didn't help. Then again I'm still not very skilled in this coding.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

legacytorch wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:54 pm Not sure if that's the right way to do it, but it fixed the error. Now looks like this.

function OnFinish()
post.Text (" M05\n")
post.Text (" M30\n")
end
That works. You could also have done this:

Code: Select all

post.Text (" M05\n M30\n")
\n just means 'insert a new line'
The solenoids seem to fire, and in the right order. Preheat time and pierce delay time works too, it also shuts off right at the end of the cut. But M07 (preheat) shuts off as soon and M08 (cut) starts. I need them both to be on for the cut. I tried just adding an additional M07 before the M08 but that didn't help. Then again I'm still not very skilled in this coding.
I did wonder if you would have issues with this. Your controller does not allow both mist and flood coolant at the same time. M07 will turn off M08 and vice-versa. One solution would be to use something like M07/M09 to turn the preheat on/off and M03/M05(spindle) to turn the cutting gas on and off.
I'm not that familiar with Centroid but they probably have other functions to turn outputs on and off if needed.
legacytorch

Post by legacytorch »

Yes that would be possible to use the spindle to run one solenoid. I can change the outputs to run whatever is needed. I like the coolant buttons in the virtual control because they are right beside each other. I am able to turn both mist and flood on together manually with the virtual control.
legacytorch

Post by legacytorch »

Got it fixed with the help of the guys at the centroid forum. The m08 macro was calling for the first output to be turned off prior to powering the second. Removed the "output off" line and everything is working great now. You can see what they told me to do here.

http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 1fa75d74ab

Thanks for all the help