Help my sheetcam updated.... New 6.1.49 and won't post

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
banshee3117

Help my sheetcam updated.... New 6.1.49 and won't post

Post by banshee3117 »

Hello I'm running Linux and my sheetcam updated to 6.1.49 I think. And now it won't post process. Every time I hit post process it just closes application and I have to reopen sheetcam. And it just keeps doing it. Very frustrating.

Any help whould be super.

Thanks guys/gals
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I have pulled the update from the website. If you go to the downloads page http://www.sheetcam.com/downloads you can download the previous version. Before you do so could you try running a job report (File->job report) on a job you have set up. Please let me know if it crashes.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

For anyone else with this issue go to Options->plugin options->libtext and turn off the 'enabled' check box. After restarting SheetCam it should hopefully work. Please let me know if this fixes it.
banshee3117

Post by banshee3117 »

No progress yet les.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Did my suggestion above work?
I have uploaded a possible fix
banshee3117

Post by banshee3117 »

So far nothing has helped. I had a part up on sheet and and before I tried to post i ran the job report? Not sure what that dose in the system.... but it just opens a page telling me the facts of the part,and made no difference in posting error. Still just bringing me instantly to my desktop when I try to save the code....
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The job report uses much of the post processor system so the fact that it ran gives me a better idea of what is happening.

Did you try the latest version (6.1.50)? If SheetCam didn't ask if you want to upgrade, go to Help->Check for updates.
banshee3117

Post by banshee3117 »

Just tried the latest sheetcam.... same issue.

Boy this is stressfull.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

OK, let's have another go at getting you back to the previous version. Right-click on this link and select 'Save as' http://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3f ... V6.1.44-32. Make a note of where you saved the file. Open your file manager and navigate to the folder where you saved that file. Right-click on it an select 'properties'. Note this must be the file you just downloaded, not the icon that you normally click to start SheetCam. Go to the permissions tab and make sure 'execute' is turned on. You should now be able to just double click on it to start the installation.

Note that these instructions should work with most versions of Linux. If you are still having trouble installing it let me know what Linux desktop you are using.
banshee3117

Post by banshee3117 »

Les. I never find the execute button. It's just not there. When you go to property's and then permission it just asks you if you want a bunch of stuff (read&write) I'm not sure what that is. There is a box at bottom that said make sure it's clicked to run program... is that what you mean?

Also should I be changing all the other settings back that we have changed thro this praises?

Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, that box is the one you need. It is difficult to provide instructions for Linux as there are so many different desktops available and they all work differently.

If you don't use the text plugin you may as well leave it disabled.
banshee3117

Post by banshee3117 »

So far so good les.

Will this affect my preexisting pipe cutter information?

Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

No it shouldn't