THC disable when crossing over existing kerf?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
motoguy

THC disable when crossing over existing kerf?

Post by motoguy »

I'm curious if it would be possible for Sheetcam to disable THC when crossing an existing kerf. I'm assuming this is a geometry issue on the Sheetcam side, and not a post/THC/table controller issue?

I ran into an issue today, using loops on corners. The torch would loop out for the cut, and then dive as soon as it crossed the existing kerf on the way back into the part geometry. I've had other situations where it would be nice for Sheetcam to disable THC on existing kerf as well (think thin cuts, maybe 2x kerf width or less).
motoguy

Re: THC disable when crossing over existing kerf?

Post by motoguy »

bump. Thanks!
jacky elliott

Post by jacky elliott »

Hey motoguy, not sure about the other situations but looping corners is an easy fix. Just use a path rule on corners. Set up your code to shut of thc prior to the corner and come on after.
jacky elliott

Post by jacky elliott »

here is an example
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.56 KiB) Viewed 6687 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Detecting when you cross the kerf is a tricky one. This could theoretically be done with a new path rule type but path rules don't know the cut direction so you would end up with the rule triggering twice for every crossing. Say for instance you have one loop. It would trigger as you enter the loop and again as you exit it.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Don't forget about action points as well, they work great for those areas that don't fit into rules, easy enough to use.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

SeanP wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:23 am Don't forget about action points as well, they work great for those areas that don't fit into rules, easy enough to use.
I have to agree with this. I've been running my table 2+ years, and was unaware of "action points" until recently. They were GREAT for situations that would fall outside of normal rule sets for whatever reason.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Came back to this to ask the same question, "re-discovered" action points again...need to give those a shot!
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Editing action points worked great for this purpose. Thanks!