Post Processor Error 1178

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
billfloyd806

Post Processor Error 1178

Post by billfloyd806 »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and CNC plamsa cutting. I purchased a copy of SheetCam and installed it on my Windows 7 Laptop without any issues. I can run the post processor and generate the tap file which works perfect. I then decided to make the investment and purchase a new desktop for my plasma table (windows 10). I installed sheetcam without any issues, but when I run the post processor to generate the tap file I get the following error:
"An unexpected error has occurred:"
"Post not found"
"This error occurred on line 1178 in file ..\Camlib\postmacro.cpp)"
"post processing failed"

My first thoughts was it was not compatible with Windows 10, so I installed it on another windows 7 PC with the same results. I tried my Surface Pro 3 (windows 10), my office desktop (windows 7) and an old dusty pc with XP, all still generate the same error? Now, I'm off for the holidays planning on cutting parts and I'm down due to an error. Could it be a corrupt file?

I did find this post in the forum:
http://forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php ... f904576069

My issue with the above post they are referring to the "I" being the issue, but I do not understand the fix.
Attachments
Error 1178.JPG
Error 1178.JPG (29.38 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

The problem in the post you referenced was a special character, not the letter I. You have to look close to see the little bar in the middle. They fixed their problem by removing the special character off the end of "Uniwersał" I don't think that is your problem. Your problem seems to have something to do with the post. You might try re-installing your post and see if that helps.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I have just uloaded a new stable release which should finally fix the special character problem. Give it a try and see if it works for you.