Sheetcam Linux Download

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
machinist 1 on

Post by machinist 1 on »

The last one you posted won't even load , if you right click it doesn't give you the option to execute
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

machinist 1 on wrote:The last one you posted won't even load , if you right click it doesn't give you the option to execute
If you right-click on the file and select 'properties' you should be able to set it as executable. That is an operating system function and has nothing to do with the contents of the file. Basically you are just giving yourself permission to run the file.
machinist 1 on

Post by machinist 1 on »

I got it to load and actually got it to run by opening it with another application which was Sheetcam tng out of recommended applications and seems to work except for the grid , the rulers show up but no matter what i try the grid won't come in , i can deal with that i suppose , i called Candcnc and they are gonna send a linux master intall disc to see if that will help . Again thanks so much for the help. One other thing i really don't think its right because it doesn't show the sheetcam program icon like it used to
toolmanmax

Tried both

Post by toolmanmax »

I tried both of the installs posted. I too could get them installed but could not get them to launch. I am excited that we got the install to work! Now the next step!

I posted both failure dumps through the launcher.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I didn't get the dumps. What do you get when you try launching SheetCam from the command line?
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I'm running Sheetcam Version 6.1.38 on Xubuntu 14.04 with mostly no problems. The only small glitch I seem to have is when the Software Updater updates linux core files, the Sheetcam startup splash screen hangs up. I have to go in and kill the startup process, then start Sheetcam again, and it starts up fine then until the next core update. As mentioned above, I have no grid lines, but that's no big thing (I don't remember having them on Windows 7 either). I downloaded Sheetcam for Linux from the Sheetcam website, but I had to use a different browser than Firefox to get it to download.

Steve