Copy paste tools in Dev 6.136

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Copy paste tools in Dev 6.136

Post by SeanP »

Hi Les,
Just noticed the copy/paste isn't working when making a copy of a tool, works ok on my house pc with 6.135 on, it's a useful feature, not sure if it's a bug or my setup.

One other thing I keep thinking would be nice, is would it be possible to add a right click on a part/copy operations and then paste onto another part?
I find myself copying single operations to new parts a lot, or maybe there is another way I'm missing?

I like the 'start in the centre of the circle' feature a lot thanks, maybe a pity it doesn't copy over when pasting into another part.

Many thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Copy paste tools in Dev 6.136

Post by Les Newell »

SeanP wrote:Hi Les,
Just noticed the copy/paste isn't working when making a copy of a tool, works ok on my house pc with 6.135 on, it's a useful feature, not sure if it's a bug or my setup.
Sorry about that. I broke it when I added the operation table editor. It will be fixed for the next release.
One other thing I keep thinking would be nice, is would it be possible to add a right click on a part/copy operations and then paste onto another part?
Good idea. I have added that for the next release.
I like the 'start in the centre of the circle' feature a lot thanks, maybe a pity it doesn't copy over when pasting into another part.
I'm not sure what you mean here.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Nice one Les!

Les Newell wrote:
SeanP wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean here.
Sorry I didn't describe it well there.

When you copy a operation from a part with a number more than 1mm in the 'start in the centre of circles smaller than' and then paste that operation in to another part it reverts back to 1mm, it would be handy to keep the number entered rather than have to fill it out again, maybe it's like the rules not copying over.

I like the new icons in dev version as well, great being able to make them larger and re-arrange them, good job!

Thanks again.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

SeanP wrote:When you copy a operation from a part with a number more than 1mm in the 'start in the centre of circles smaller than' and then paste that operation in to another part it reverts back to 1mm, it would be handy to keep the number entered rather than have to fill it out again, maybe it's like the rules not copying over.
That's a bug. I'll fix it for the next release.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

You're a good un!
Many thanks.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Excellent work Les!

All working great, really like the 'copy all' in operations, that will be a damn good timesaver, cheers.

Just as a note when I checked for updates from the help menu it says 'unable to connect to update server'

I just downloaded the latest version manually no probs, just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I have fixed the update - the version info didn't upload correctly when I did the update.