drawing's

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
loue

drawing's

Post by loue »

I have several drawings that were drawn in HYCAD and exported as a DXF in a Burn Tables setup. I switched to CandCNC electronics with a Linux computer. I have the latest version of Sheetcam. When I import into Sheetcam some lines are duplicated and some arc's are broke. Not all files but 3 out of 4. I am real green at this. When I try to export them as a SVG it ask me for the width and height. Not sure what to put there. Any help is much appreaceated.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Duplicated lines can only be in the drawing. You will have to edit the dxf files to delete them. What exactly do you mean when you say some of the arcs are broken?
loue

drawings

Post by loue »

When 2 arcs are connected in the drawing and when I import to sheetcam there is space between them.
Attachments
hook train 6 cars.dxf
I have cut this several times in my old Burn tables setup with no issues. I switched to CandCNC with Linux computer and the latest version of Sheetcam.
(38.95 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
loue

drawings

Post by loue »

I completely check another drawing and imported it in sheetcam and it was good. I will check all drawings before I load them in sheetcam. May it is HYCAD that screws with them.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

There is a few gaps in the drawing, I was using Solidworks which has a sketch check tool, there was 8 errors - slight gaps or overlap
Try this file.
Attachments
Hook train fixed.DXF
(77.63 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
loue

drawing

Post by loue »

Thank You I don't know what is causing my files to do this . I will just check everyone.