UCCNC and Scanything (;-)

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Vmax549

UCCNC and Scanything (;-)

Post by Vmax549 »

HI LES, Have you given any thought as to Creating a Scanything version for UCCNC ???

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Does uccnc have an API that allows me to directly control motion? I had a look on their website and couldn't find anything.

Scanything need to be able to directly command motion with low latency. Not many controllers allow this.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HI Les I do not know enough to tell you much about teh API. BUT I can tell you from a plugin I can control UCCNC functions.

You really need to talk to Balazs directly if you email him he will respond.

UCCNC is coming on VERY strong and will soon be a top dawg in teh DIY CNC world. (;-)

It supports Laser,router,plasma, mill very well and soon will support TURN.

Their hardware is top notch.

It gets better with every update (;-)

(;-) TP
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Les,

I was wondering about the mach3 plugin for sheetcam?

I had a look at the sheetcam lua code, and saw that it interfaced with the mach3.dll plugin..... I was wondering if there was any chance of seeing the sourcecode for the mach3.dll part of the plugin?

Basically instead of reinventing the wheel, I was wondering if the mach3.dll could be re-engineered to that if whatever sheetcam interfaced with with via the plugin if this could be transfered over to ucccnc?

uccnc uses c# or vb .net for its plugins

once installing uccnc, there is an example plugin which is installed in the uccnc/plugins folder, and the full list of led's fields and macro codes are listed within the uccnc/documentation folder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other topic TP listed:

I believe that you cannot have direct output from the uccnc (i.e. you cannot drive a motion controller from uccnc as the loop is 25hz) but you can have input access to uccnc (i.e. jog, or g-code motion commands, access to all the buttons, fields, LED's and checkboxes

Rob
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I am working on a universal framework for adding remote control/Scanything functionality. Once I have that up and running I'll take a closer look at UCCNC.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Thanks Les,

there is a small (but growing) band of us that seem to be converting from M3 to uccnc

forum is here: http://forum.cncdrive.com/ (not well linked to at the moment, its new)

Anything anyone can do to help just ask

The plasma side of it has reciently been worked on quite a bit by TP & Beefy with the guys a uccnc who are very proactive for better asynchronous THC and M10/M11 control so using the overburn features of sheetcam should pay dividends at chasing divots

Rob