Post processor selection

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Post processor selection

Post by SeanP »

Is it possible to just run the processor on just selected parts?
It would be really handy if that was possible, I quite often just like to run a row across the sheet or just certain parts.
I am doing it by disabling parts, it quite time consuming though.
Thanks
Sean
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I suppose you could put the required parts on their own layer, then just define the operation for that layer. (Use the contour tool to move parts to different layers). I do this quite often when I just want to cut just a part of a drawing. Or sometimes I want to cut some parts inside contour, and sometimes outside, so each different operation is on it's own layer.

Hope this is what you're looking for, Steve
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Steve, I will look into that, thought I was getting closer to finding most of the features in sheetcam, but that's one I haven't tried yet.
Cheers
Sean
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Are all of your parts on one drawing or have you loaded them as separate parts? If you disable parts in the parts window they won't be output by the post processor. If all of your parts are in one drawing right-click on the part in the parts window then select 'break up manually nested drawing'. This will split your drawing into individual parts which you can then disable as needed.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Les, they would be separate part drawings.

That's the way I have been doing it disable parts, all or part and duplicates, that does the trick.

I was wondering if there was another way though, maybe not, the ideal way, not sure if it would be possible is if you could select parts with nest tool and then have an option to process only the selected parts?

Les Newell wrote:Are all of your parts on one drawing or have you loaded them as separate parts? If you disable parts in the parts window they won't be output by the post processor. If all of your parts are in one drawing right-click on the part in the parts window then select 'break up manually nested drawing'. This will split your drawing into individual parts which you can then disable as needed.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Maybe should have said this is for plasma.
Attachments
SC1.jpg
SC1.jpg (193.94 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'm afraid disabling the parts is the only way to do it at the moment. If you have a lot of parts and only want to cut a few, drag-select to select all parts then hold the <ctrl> key and select the parts you want to cut. Now right-clcik and disable the rest. It's not quite as quick as your suggestion but it should be pretty quick.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

That's a new trick I learned there, cheers for that, that will help a lot.

If they are locked, picking off parts from the parts list works well.

Many thanks.
Les Newell wrote: If you have a lot of parts and only want to cut a few, drag-select to select all parts then hold the <ctrl> key and select the parts you want to cut. Now right-clcik and disable the rest. It's not quite as quick as your suggestion but it should be pretty quick.