Odd post behaviour

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Davek0974

Odd post behaviour

Post by Davek0974 »

I am running the DTHC-HYT-TAP-rev11b post for CandCNC THC units, I'm not sure whether to post this here or over on their forum, or both :)

This post inserts codes S10 and S20 for turning the THC on and off.

I have just noticed that after doing a few cuts with the THC off due to cut length & the min-length-for-thc setting, when it does a cut on the same job that does need the THC it fails to insert the THC ON code (S20)

Not sure how long its been doing it, might explain some of the odd cut results I get ;)

Any idea how I can debug this behaviour.

To make matters worse, I have altered the post to make it stop at the end of every cut and wait for manual input.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Yes I had that happening to me as well Dave but using the 11D post, I gave up and went back to my original MP3000-DTHCII-DCC+scriber6 post, thought it was just something I was doing wrong so I left it alone.
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Thanks,

i'll try and have a look at it but it's a complicated thing to debug when you don't know 100% what does what ;)

Or i could copy out my mods and apply them to the 11D maybe?

I have it set to stop at the end of every cut and wait for manual input plus it recognises tool no8 as my drill-marker and does not stop between marks - this bit works well.

I like the manual pause because it gives me a chance to correct any tip-ups that otherwise could waste a job, metal/money/profit is crucial to me so a slight delay in cutting is irrelevant if it gets a 100% job every time.